PO Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jungle Republic - Game Over

+11
Kurt Hummel
Blaine Anderson
Mercedes Jones
Sunshine Corazon
April Rhodes
Mike Chang
Emma Pillsbury
Sebastian Smythe
Marley Rose
Finn Hudson
Ian Brennan
15 posters

Page 13 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next

Go down

Jungle Republic - Game Over - Page 13 Empty Jungle Republic - Game Over

Post by Ian Brennan Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

To see live countdown widgets when logged in, go to Profile, Preferences, choose to always allow HTML, and save.

Game Information:

Last edited by Ian Brennan on Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:19 am; edited 10 times in total
Ian Brennan
Ian Brennan
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Jungle Republic - Game Over - Page 13 Empty Re: Jungle Republic - Game Over

Post by Mike Chang Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:28 am

Marley Rose wrote:The new Jesse is quite interesting, he just voted on Emma with little to no basis or reasoning at all. Saying "I agree" to whatever discussion and scumtells that other people had, do nothing except make you look scummier. 

It's too early to call it but Jessie St. James is letting out a few scum slips of his own. Bandwagoning in Forum Mafia without contributing early without even giving an overview on the current situation puts him on thin ice. 

Rather than contributing, he immediately jumped on Emma Pilsbury (whose current alignment is shaky as well) to try to fall in favor of town.

Today will be difficult to put together on who gets lynched. The results of one lynch/kill will open up a myriad of different opportunities and shed some light on a lot of scum tells.

Emma, Mike and Blaine really make it difficult for me to put a read on other players. I'll need to know more about their take on one another. A decent one. Except Mike, I've heard enough from you, since your read will span in a whole page of scattered thoughts.

I find that part.. Highly entertaining

Also More Good Quality reads will be there as soon i get enough posts from some people to read them
Mike Chang
Mike Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Anderson Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:42 am

Could you stop threatening me to make my Emma read? Its incredibly rude regardless of my alignment I said that I was busy for the past few days. This has nothing to do with the game; its extremely impolite and expecting me to put this game over real-life matters is not going to happen.

Rant over, I'm going to start to defend myself against the malicious accusations against me before proceeding with my Emma justification as I think that it will take longer.

Firstly, if this were a normal game where the scum is only 1/4 of the playerbase. I would be genuinely mad at the flak I am getting. However, this is not a normal game; 1/2 of the players here are scum and can easily falsify their reads, so I'm willing to bet that at least 3 of the players with me as their scumread are scum themselves. However, this means that there are one or two town-aligned players that genuinely think that I am the scum. I will seek to convince them otherwise.

I am one of the few players that are actively scumhunting, providing my own original opinion, not parroting or making up some really obvious summary of the games events. I've effectively tunnelled a player and gave him constant pressure for the majority of the day because I thought initially that he was scummy. As it turns out after the self-debriefing and an overview of his posts led me to the sudden conclusion that he was town. So guess what? After all this tunnelling I've benefited with a strong solid town read (albeit a weak player) which after the fact that I can genuinely back on. So I made a mistake in the earlier section of the game. Everyone makes mistakes. Its only important that we rectify them before they get out of hand.

On the 180: YES YES YES, I know its extremely eye-catching and notable and memorable. However in no ways is it a scum tell. Let me bring you an analogy: My 180 is similar to me wearing a Rainbow-coloured shirt in Subway. It's very eye-catching, its very noticeable, but in no way does it make me scum(or town). What I'm saying is that it is a null read that can go both ways which you will have to analyse further, and that those being quick to jump on this to say "Hey Blaine 180'd, he is absolutely scum so you must lynch him" are DEFINITELY the ones who have some explaining to do. I will not go as far to say that they are scum, but they are definitely worth questioning.

In conclusion, as a pro-town active scumhunter who generates his own original reads and is attempting to help town find scum, it makes sense for the scum to bring a mislynch onto me, despite having little basis and extremely bad conviction "I don't care if he was burdened with real life issues, he didn't write his Emma analysis in one day therefore he is scum!".

Particular attention must be paid to those who keep asking questions "Provide an Emma analysis!" without providing any major material or source for scumhunting themselves.

I will begin with my Emma analysis shortly.

Addendum: I re-read the previous 5 pages to make sure I got all my facts right. I just realised that I have neglected to provide my justification of my unvote on Mike. I'll post it later, I actually worked out his alignment while forgetting to writes down my thought process for all to see. Sorry about that.
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Rose Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:16 am

Blaine, it's difficult to not take your sudden stop in to account for your decisions. I can go back and quote you on your aggressiveness and rash plays that were so hell bent on Mike. But you dropping all of that with little to no excuse was unexpected and it took most of us by surprise. 

A lot of us don't know what set you off initially, or what even stopped you. That's why we're all asking for a valid explanation. 

Though I may agree on you that everyone was so quick to jump on the anti-Blaine bandwagon, defending yourself and calling those out that wanted you to clarify your actions scum puts you in a tighter situation. Basically you pulled an OMGUS to 3 players that wanted your input (which you have yet to provide!) just for pressuring you. 

As for my town reading so far

Mike: Reckless townie (possibly PR even) or Werewolf. His sudden wild accusations could be a confidence boost that the lynch somewhat avoided him, he's really tittering the line between Wolf and Seer. It's extremely difficult to pin him down.

Blaine: Someone who has taken quite a few caffeine shots. Null, until I see his analyses.

Mercedes: Interesting player here, despite the early inactivity she's managed to provide enough input and reading that would outweigh 4-5 pages of what everyone has been doing. Though her actions are town sided, we should never ignore the possibility of scum. But for now, Town.

Sunshine: Hi Hannah. Anyways, nothing original to say here. I can probably say that no one is buddying up with Sunshine due to her lack of original insight. Playing it safe by subtly adding in her take which doesn't really aid in the scumhunting process, she should really be watched a tad more.

Emma: I'm still leaning towards scum at the moment. Mostly because others have either acted too scummy or not scummy at all and you're smack dab in the middle. 

Jessie: Though he may have subbed in recently, his posts should be well observed. Considering he's read up on all the current happenings, he should know better.   

Dave: Gay hater. Post more please. 

Kurt: Parroted then, is inactively summarizing things now. If he continues this, he'll shift from null to scum pretty fast.

Finn: I haven't seen much of his posts enough to weed out something wrong about his plays. I'm not fully endorsing that he's town, but he has certainly done enough to keep him out of the spotlight while maintaining his clean looks.

April: Back from the dead, April jumped on the Blaine-wagon pretty quick. With good reason as well. I'm still a tad suspicious of her but she made up for her indecencies with her more recent posts. Leaning town, until we shed more light on Emma, then I might pressure more. 

Sebastian: I almost forgot you were ingame. Most of your posts don't really stand out, lol. Could be that fact that it's hard to notice your original input. You're eye candy. Both in your good looks but your plays as well!
Marley Rose
Marley Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Rose Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:21 am

I SURE HOPE I DIDN'T LEAVE ANYONE OUT.
Marley Rose
Marley Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Anderson Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:48 am

Emma Pillsbury wrote:^
I was going to bring up him using WE it is a scum tell

Instead of changing vote to Sebastian like I was going to for buddying MIke, I will keep it.
Marley Rose wrote:I'm still waiting on claims from Emma Pilsbury and April Rhodes. They seem to have each other's backs.
Do I look like some kind of moron? I will not make a claim during day1. And I may have joked I had April's back once but that point is not true.

Okay so this is the controversial post of Emma's. I personally think it is a null tell except for the last statement which went nullscum for me(bad attitude). Other players actually have the opinion that this was a scummy post but they are probably uninitiated.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:I have another point or two--
-It was weird when Finn parroted Mike on page 2 about randing but then voted for him on page 3 for the same thing
-I agree with Mike about the string of votes is bad. But this may be Werewolf vs Mafia so that does not make Mike good
-Marley stopped tunneling Mike rather suddenly, This is unusual for her
-I do not want anyone to know whether I am Town or Seer yet so don't ask me that again. If Werewolf targets town and thinks he is seer this is good and if Werewolf decides not to target Seer because he thinks he is Town this is good too. Marley are you having trouble going from server to forum mafia?

I have a problem with this post. "It was weird when Finn parroted Mike on page 2 about randing but then voted for him on page 3 for the same thing" "I agree with Mike about the string of votes is bad. But this may be Werewolf vs Mafia so that does not make Mike good"

"The sky is blue and the grass is green". Granted, Sebastian is a lot more guilty of this scumtell than Emma is. But we'll get to that later, I'm analysing Emma now. Basically, a restatement of the obvious facts, which is a scumtell.

And the dig at Marley just puts me off.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:
Marley Rose wrote:It's not my first walk in the park. You're a tad hasty. I'm not asking for you to claim roles, I'm simply waiting for your output on the game (which might be poor wording on my part).
Okay. :)Are you asking for something I have still not done now? No reads until April, Finn, Jesse, and Kurt post more content or a few more days (real life), sorry. Sunshine and Mercedes haven't posted much but theyre posts are good work I think. (Dave has not confirmed so beneft of the doubt for him.)

Mike Chang wrote:He voted me because i said Finn in the TV program is a friend of Mike and he said i was buddying him and voted me
I'm still suspicious of him :p
This is unusual for her I dont know why but this suggects that you knew who she is... interresting point
I Meant within this game. I do have an idea who she is :obut I dont want to be embarrassed if its wrong
Sorry if I have missed anything. More posts come up on every F5!

What the Hulk? This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. "I will not post content until someone else posts content" There is no town motivation for ever doing this, I can only see scum motivation for refusing to post content.

As opposed to me neglecting to post content, or posting content late, Emma flat out refuses to post content Until others have posted. I'm not OMGUSing her in my previous post @Marley, this is real.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:it took 1 post of yours for Finn to go from "I second Mike" to "I accuse Mike" and your post wasnt that bad. so he's suspicous in my eyes

The previous two posts of hers that I skipped were null-fluff. This one reads null-newbie-town to me, but she's not being consistent with this so I'll analyse further.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:from page 4--
Marley Rose wrote:I just read over this again and Mike Chang continues to dig in his hole deeper. 

Mafia may not be able to kill, but they're still against the village nontheless. The only way they can win is by posing as village or hoping the werewolf picks off the rest.

His aligning towards village and leaving off mafia leans him towards scum being that he knows that we need to look for the werewolf and he needs to go under radar as mafia-scum. I'm fairly confident that Mike Chang is scum and why my vote will stay on him... also he called my face weird.

Also, RVS is how things start here. I'm surprised how you guys reacted so violently towards it. I expected a tad more.

I do agree that Finn Hudson and Sebstial Hummel Smythe do seem scummy when paired together with the blatant parroting, but Mike Chang did no good of defending himself that well. 

But in reality, we really do need to hunt the werewolf. Biggest threat to the town right now. I'd much prefer bashing it out verbally without the pressure of being dismembered.. and maybe raep'd.
sorry about quoting sucha big post, but I cannot tell If Marley is showing a scum tell or just tuneling to much, Mike is scum for wanting to hunt WereWOlf and yet Marley is town for not?? make up youre mind

This post screams inexperienced to me. It also screams newbie town so I *may* give Emma some town points for this. But the overall score at this moment is still null-scum.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:-Mike buddying with me is not a good sign. page 9 Posts 6 &10 worrying me

-Marley and Sebastian saw but didn't get me, I said it could be Mafia vs. Werewolf. Here's what happened--
Finn flipped on Mike and I put a suspicion on him, Mike ignores my arguments and defends Finn, Mike and Finn may be together?
If they are then Mike will not want to to accept my logic AND HE DIDN"T. I had to say "youre post isn't bad" before he agrees and I suspect that as a tell.
If Mike is bad he's with Finn I believe

-it seems like Mike wants me to not lynch either and will buddy me so I don't vote, that's bad on him!

-Blaine tunneled and tunneled Mike, Blaine doesn't leave unless Mike and he bet his life on it, Blaine leaves fast when he has a bet, What does that look like? Still worse of the 2

-I am scared on the first 4 votes of course. Finn, Kurt and Blaine looked bad. Mislynch is a goal for bads and Mike said he is Seer, yes I get scared.

Mike and Blaine deserves god kill :oBut thats just me

maybe Blaine has a less experience then he thinks so I'm not sure he's scum, but still Probably. I agree on Sebastian but I DO NOT trust Blaine

What I see here is extreme rhetorical questioning and inability to devote himself to a vote, which is one of the defining traits of scum. "Mike and Finn may be together?" = "If they are scum give me town points. If they are town I take no responsibility" "Blaine leaves fast when he makes a bet, what does that look like?" = "Blaine left the bet, if he is scum I get town points for calling it, if he isn't I said I was just guessing"

No seriously, make up your mind. Scum are always hesitant with their vote(and conversely town aren't). I want to speculate that those who see me scummy aren't putting their vote where their mouth is and voting me, but then I'll lose the town points for the Tournament lol so I'll hold on that for now.

Point stands. This is one suspicious post.

That is the end of my analysis up till when I called her out. Analysis of her recent posts we can do together, but I'm just patching up and explaining my train of thought for the town as to why I deliver Emma as Scum and thus voted her..
Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by Blaine Anderson Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:24 pm

As a matter of fact, I'll do an analysis of Sebastian Smythe since his 8 posts are pretty easy.

Sebastian Smythe wrote:I believe the point Mike is trying to make is Kurt posted seven minutes after Finn did, with their posts having similar logic in them, both voting Mike within a short period of time. The five minutes between the posts of Kurt and Mike had no correlation between them. Finn, you also failed to acknowledge much of the other points Mike made against you and only gave response to the time between posts. Trying to avoid discussion like that is rather scummy. I suggest you read over his posts again and possibly rethink your decision, or respond to some of the points made against you. 

Kurt and Blaine really need to show more of an opinion, rather than parroting Finn's vote and choosing to vote Mike using nearly the same wording as Finn did, he wants to hunt mafia but not werewolves. Werewolves are clearly the biggest priority to lynch currently, being a bigger threat to the village due to their ability to kill. 

Also, I'd like to point out this is RVS in a NOC game, the randing is not counterproductive and is generally encouraged early in the game to promote discussion among players.

Hmm, this post is actually very good. Actual reads of players, original content, succinct suggestions and a mild but forgivable description of the facts. A good start and added town points for you.

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Okay, it seems my post seems to have been defending Mike Chang, which was not my original intent, but looking back it makes it seem like i'm buddying/parroting with him.

Sunshine Corazon wrote:However, I think the scummiest player is definitely sebastian Smythe though.

vote Sebastian Smythe

Do you have an opinion? He actually hasn't said anything is scummy and has just summarised stuff which is so much easier for scum to do than actually scumhunt. His posts indicate that he's trying to appear helpful without being helpful. He also sounds experienced so I expect him to actually scumhunt from, even this early in the game.

gg no re

My previous post, which I feel was a mistake to make was made as I've mentioned before, it seems I'm protected Mike which was not my intent. However, I do feel my post makes the point that Finn and Kurt are likely scum partners, and they're my two top scumreads currently. 

Kurt Hummel wrote:My idea was only really to see how people would react to that sort of voting, as hadnt been tried yet ... i did get the backlash i predicted and some other things ... so not a totally wasted vote 
currently trying to work out blaines thought process in their votes

Honestly, this is rather poor logic and you are not helping yourself. At least Blaine attempted to cover himself up (which he has done a nice job) for seemingly parroting Finn. Again, you just simply said Finn's point was 'interesting' and followed his vote, shortly after he posted. 

Mike, you're not doing a good job at trying to cover yourself up either, you claim you are trying to scumhunt, yet all you're doing is try to defend yourself (which honestly you're not doing a great job at). It would help if you gave us more of you opinion on other players. Your reactions since I've last posted are getting worse and worse, and it's making you seem more and more scum.

Mike Chang wrote:Well Also good thing i remebered 

Unvote - vote Blaine

Its not only we, he said they planned to remove the vote, and he wasnt hte one who put the vote first,

He didn't remove the vote because you continued to react poorly to the votes on you. Your simply voting him as he is trying to get the scum out of you. For now my vote will remain on Kurt until I hear more from him.

Wow, did I misintepret his previous post? It seems that many players find his post scummy for "defending Mike". I'll go re check.

I read the context. No it is not scummy, but my opinion has been affected that it has an increased sense of "describing the facts", but again it is forgivable.

This post gives me a large sense of "I have a roof on my house and cars have engines". The post merely describes events, but does not analyse them; if this was a literature essay he would have gotten an F. I grant him the benefit of the doubt that he may have thought htat he was helping the town, as his was pointing out some facts that might have been obscure to uninitiated players, but description is description nonetheless. Maybe its unintentional but nevertheless his town points dropped.

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Mike, you're not helping yourself by bringing up situations that occurred earlier in and game, and have literally no relevance to the current situation now. The first vote on you was just because of RVS, partially being due to Finn saying you're tagging along for tagging along with him (saying your character was friends with Finn in the actual show). As he mentioned, it was simply for reactions (which you reacted rather poorly to) and it pretty much went downhill for you from there. 

Also, buddying between Emma and Mike is evident on page 7, Emma seemingly agreeing with Mike's points from early in the game, which I mentioned are nearly irrelevant now.

Emma Pillsbury wrote:from page 4--
Marley Rose wrote:I just read over this again and Mike Chang continues to dig in his hole deeper. 

Mafia may not be able to kill, but they're still against the village nontheless. The only way they can win is by posing as village or hoping the werewolf picks off the rest.

His aligning towards village and leaving off mafia leans him towards scum being that he knows that we need to look for the werewolf and he needs to go under radar as mafia-scum. I'm fairly confident that Mike Chang is scum and why my vote will stay on him... also he called my face weird.

Also, RVS is how things start here. I'm surprised how you guys reacted so violently towards it. I expected a tad more.

I do agree that Finn Hudson and Sebstial Hummel Smythe do seem scummy when paired together with the blatant parroting, but Mike Chang did no good of defending himself that well. 

But in reality, we really do need to hunt the werewolf. Biggest threat to the town right now. I'd much prefer bashing it out verbally without the pressure of being dismembered.. and maybe raep'd.
sorry about quoting sucha big post, but I cannot tell If Marley is showing a scum tell or just tuneling to much, Mike is scum for wanting to hunt WereWOlf and yet Marley is town for not?? make up youre mind

I believe the difference is the votes on Mike for trying to get Werewolf earlier, and the votes were put on him to put pressure on him. It's fairly obvious Werewolf are the bigger threat to the town due to being able to kill, unlike the mafia. 

Due to the buddying shown between Mike and Emma, I'm going to go ahead and 

Unvote Kurt Hummel
Vote Emma Pillsbury

(Also I'll get to the points on what Blaine made about Mike in a bit; I just wanted to get this out of the way for now).

I'm trying very hard to find something in his posts that blatantly states "SCUM". So far, I cannot find any. His posts, while questionable and would get him an F in a History or Literature Essay, I will have to give the benefit of the doubt, as there is always the possibility of Sebastian being a bad player/analyser/student.

Yes, his descriptions are bad. Yes, they aren't very helpful. Yes, they are a cause for a concern. No, this does not equate "Sebastian is scum because he sucks".

I will give him the benefit of the doubt. Next post.

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Okay, so clearly Blaine is going all out on Mike now and is trying to rid of him ASAP. Reading through it, I have to disagree with an inability to use proper English as a viable reason to analyze him as scum. However, the implication that you managed to get from that is true, given his overall poor reaction throughout the game since getting voted multiple times in RVS. 

This does not really have anything to do with Mike being scum or not, but honestly, even if a player makes it obvious who their true PO alias is, they should not reveal it publicly for everyone to see. The purpose of this is to see how players function under an alias, and I'd honestly want mentions of PO to stay out of this.

That being said, the fact Blaine was able to discover his true identity rather simply, it shows he can not adjust to a different playstyle, and sticks to the playstyle he uses on PO. 

Overall, it's rather clear Blaine is making it quite obvious he wants Mike out of the game ASAP, but he may be a bit to harsh on him, considering Mike is likely new to forum mafia, and still needs to get a grasp on it 

Also @Mike, you might as well reveal your 'many scumreads' because it looks like at this rate, the bandwagon may catch up to you before you get your say. I also want to see how you react to Blaine's analysis of you, as that may decide your fate

Okay, I am going to have to doubt this guy now. This seems like a post to seem helpful and full of content but actually a piece of narrative descriptive trash. The earlier posts were forgivable because they had referenced several possibly abstract, albeit obvious, concepts, however this post crosses the line. "The sky is blue and the grass is green". It seems like an attempt to weigh in on the Mike vs Blaine convo while actually providing no substantial insight at all.

This is an act of "slipping under the radar". I will not discount the possibility that Sebastian is lacking the higher order critical thinking skills to analyse posts and provide insight and is thus town. However, considering the high scum prevalance in this game(50%, excluding yourself), the possibility is higher in such a game that this guy is scum.

Sebastian Smythe wrote:Okay, I won't say much about most of the cancerous posts that were posted while I was sleeping, as it is just a huge aggressive argument between Blaine and Mike. The most important thing to note is both of them had completely different thoughts after Sebastian (Hummel) came in and stopped the argument.

Anyway, I have some questions for the two of them involving the sitatuion:

@Blaine:

What made you change your viewpoint on Mike to absolute scum to village idiot?

What was your motive for attempting to figure out Mike's PO alias, and revealing it in the game?

This is a null-town post. I will answer the questions that I had totally forgotten and absolutely ignored.

1)This calls for a full analysis. However, a tl;dr version would be: Mike would be a too easy wagon to bandwagon on for the scum, Mike's activity and albeit dubious analyses can help us in the long run, if he is town all the better, if he is scum he may lead us to his scumpartners, or just have to keep up his constant good activity which will invariably benefit the town anyway. Finally, his bet could not possibly have a scum motivation, now that I think of it. Ridding a (in town's generic opinion) "scummy" player from the game in order to risk his own scum life is not necessarily a good trade.

2. Previously, I had just wanted to prove that Mike was easy to read and thus easy to read alignment and was thus scum. Yes, his alignment is indeed easy to read, but only if you actually look at them all at once instead of missing a step like me, making a mistake and thus misreading him as scum.

Blaine Anderson
Blaine Anderson

Back to top Go down

Post by April Rhodes Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:31 pm

Blaine Anderson wrote:Could you stop threatening me to make my Emma read? Its incredibly rude regardless of my alignment I said that I was busy for the past few days. This has nothing to do with the game; its extremely impolite and expecting me to put this game over real-life matters is not going to happen.

Rant over, I'm going to start to defend myself against the malicious accusations against me before proceeding with my Emma justification as I think that it will take longer.

Firstly, if this were a normal game where the scum is only 1/4 of the playerbase. I would be genuinely mad at the flak I am getting. However, this is not a normal game; 1/2 of the players here are scum and can easily falsify their reads, so I'm willing to bet that at least 3 of the players with me as their scumread are scum themselves. However, this means that there are one or two town-aligned players that genuinely think that I am the scum. I will seek to convince them otherwise.

I am one of the few players that are actively scumhunting, providing my own original opinion, not parroting or making up some really obvious summary of the games events. I've effectively tunnelled a player and gave him constant pressure for the majority of the day because I thought initially that he was scummy. As it turns out after the self-debriefing and an overview of his posts led me to the sudden conclusion that he was town. So guess what? After all this tunnelling I've benefited with a strong solid town read (albeit a weak player) which after the fact that I can genuinely back on. So I made a mistake in the earlier section of the game. Everyone makes mistakes. Its only important that we rectify them before they get out of hand.

On the 180: YES YES YES, I know its extremely eye-catching and notable and memorable. However in no ways is it a scum tell. Let me bring you an analogy: My 180 is similar to me wearing a Rainbow-coloured shirt in Subway. It's very eye-catching, its very noticeable, but in no way does it make me scum(or town). What I'm saying is that it is a null read that can go both ways which you will have to analyse further, and that those being quick to jump on this to say "Hey Blaine 180'd, he is absolutely scum so you must lynch him" are DEFINITELY the ones who have some explaining to do. I will not go as far to say that they are scum, but they are definitely worth questioning.

In conclusion, as a pro-town active scumhunter who generates his own original reads and is attempting to help town find scum, it makes sense for the scum to bring a mislynch onto me, despite having little basis and extremely bad conviction "I don't care if he was burdened with real life issues, he didn't write his Emma analysis in one day therefore he is scum!".

Particular attention must be paid to those who keep asking questions "Provide an Emma analysis!" without providing any major material or source for scumhunting themselves.

I will begin with my Emma analysis shortly.

Addendum: I re-read the previous 5 pages to make sure I got all my facts right. I just realised that I have neglected to provide my justification of my unvote on Mike. I'll post it later, I actually worked out his alignment while forgetting to writes down my thought process for all to see. Sorry about that.

Let me just preface this response by saying, yes I do know I have been going after Blaine all game. In a perfect world, I would be bringing up multiple people who might be scum and making cases on them. Unfortunately, this isn't a perfect world, and I didn't. Life happens and such. While some people may think this post is just a continuation of me focusing on Blaine - let me respond in advance - we have only a short amount of time before deadline and we need to pick a lynch target, and wildly accusing several different people won't help us come to a consensus. Now that that is out of the way I want to respond to this post (as I believe Blaine is scum).

"extremely impolite" Pot, kettle, black.

"People are accusing me of scum how dare they I am so obviously town it's not funny HAHAHA go team I'm just going to keep screwing the town LOL"

He basically admits to tunneling which is a scum move, something that I've brought up before (and he's had no response to). To make it clear, tunneling is focusing on a specific player without considering anybody else.

180: This was all because you tunneled, didn't tunnel, wouldn't have happened. Besides that point, you realize you aren't just scummy because of that. Your supposed "argument" against Mike consisted of using techniques that are scummy. Bringing up who is behind an alias is absolutely a detriment to the town and you haven't really responded to that.

"help town find scum" "spend 3/4 of day 1 tunneling one player"
"little basis and bad conviction" "guesses who is what alias" "bases argument on emotions" "finds everyone who accuses him as scummy"

PS I never accused you of not doing your Emma analysis - another example of a blatant misrepresentation of the facts - another example of you lying, which, incidentally, is what scum do. Lie!
April Rhodes
April Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:57 pm

Here are my current reads guys. I hope this helps.

Mike: I know if I say he is clean, I am going to get accused of buddying etc. Obviously, he is new but very active. We can use most of the stuff he is saying now for future rounds to weed out his partners if he is mafia. He is extremely reckless with his vast amount of posts, they are usually delivered in scattered thoughts, which can easily be seen as mafia, as you're just listing reasons to save yourself. I'm very on the fence between mafia and village, but I know that there are other people I'd rather lynch now, considering you seem a lot less dangerous to me then if some of the other characters turn out to be scum, because you are a little easier for me to read.

Blaine: I definitely thought you were mafia before, but your current insight on Sebastian and Emma are very insightful. This could be out of saving your bum from being lynched, but regardless still insightful. For now you have moved below Sebastian in my line of lynching.

Mercedes: Mercedes to me, seems town. When she voted me she gave a thoughtful coherent argument, and simply said she wanted to hear more from me to change her vote. She might think I am trying to buddy her to get her vote off me, but that is not the case. While some characters like Sunshine went inactive after giving a good post, Mercedes has become more active and recently has given several in depth thoughtful posts, which is always helpful for the village. She also clearly stated that she would give me time to change her opinion, which is much less rash than Sebastian, and patience is definitely a village quality. As mafia's always want to rush through rounds to kill more.

Sunshine: Very inactive. Hard to get a read, and has not posted since I joined. Currently, my vote is null, but she had a very insightful post at the beginning, maybe this was to get her off everyones radar and then hide in the shadows of inactivity. Currently, I think she may be scum, but for now I will null.

Emma: My read stays the same, I'm waiting for a post that can attempt to prove to me she is village, has barely contributed anything to help the village.

Dave: Null.

Kurt: Not sure on your alignment, if bad probably teamed up with Emma. You quickly jumped on me and asked why I voted for her, then when I quoted Blaine, which was not as evidence but to prove I had my opinion based on facts unlike he had. You then immediately scum read me because you thought he was scum and I was buddying him. I don't have a definite lead on you but I am leaning towards scum.

Finn: I don't think he's posted since I've joined the game. I'm going to null him for now.

April: She had voted me before I joined the game, I'm not sure of her reasons but generally that's because everyone at the time had given her good vibes. This means that the characters that sounded most scummy to me of all time, early Mike, early Blaine, and early Emma, she thought none of them were scum. Please explain this? Because right now your posts are very insightful and you seem good. Had to go back and edit this, very good read on Blaine. I'll have to do more research myself.

Sebastian: 8 posts, and you've been in the game 2 weeks longer than me? I join and immediately you move a lynch to me when I said I am basing this stuff on my own opinion, I just had not explained it yet? I don't know if mafia or town but if mafia I think he is partnered with Marley. They both went after me and she is buddying him slightly. Maybe they just agree on facts just pointing stuff out, because to me Marley's reads have been very insightful so she is one of my cleans. /:

Marley: Also, not trying to buddy you. I'm not sure if you're just trying to hit the nail on the head and get all the mafia's so the village can win, or opening up opportunity's for you at the end of the game to try and prove you are clean. (Saying yeah she seems good but with a slight chance of mafia) Really tries to save you if they end up being mafia. But yeah that's no real lead, just trying to stay alive. However, Marley has given a lot of good reads lately, that are very insightful and help the village a lot. Currently, I think she is clean.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

tl;dr

Clean: April (pls explain), Mercedes, Marley
Scum: Kurt, Emma, Sebastian
In the middle: Mike
Null: Sunshine, Finn, Dave.

My vote still stands on Emma, but I could change it as the day progresses. Since I wrote that she might be mafia, she has done nothing to attempt at defending herself... However, because I have more than certain scum reads standing on Sebastian, Emma, and Kurt, I am more than happy to change my vote in the villages best interest.
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:58 pm

*I meant to add Blaine as scum, sorry.

Also sorry if I missed anyone.
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by April Rhodes Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:03 pm

I voted you because you were inactive to try and get you to post (before you subbed in of course). That's not to say I was ignoring what was going on; it's always extremely important to keep people as active as possible. If no one talks, how can you figure out who is mafia?
April Rhodes
April Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:07 pm

April Rhodes wrote:I voted you because you were inactive to try and get you to post (before you subbed in of course). That's not to say I was ignoring what was going on; it's always extremely important to keep people as active as possible. If no one talks, how can you figure out who is mafia?

Ahh, a very logical answer. Smile Also, shows that she reads through full posts because I hid her analysis in the middle. I completely agree, we need everyone to talk so we can make better reads, the only way village can win this is on reads.
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Chang Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:33 pm

In the middle: Mike
Gota love to be in a tier alone!

Ok now I will answer some of your questions everyone!

1- Are you a PR?

- No , I am just a player  who can be useful to the team

2- Why so Active?

- Because Scum always try not to post much unless they study it, And because I am not a bad guy it ends up giving everyone many reads on me.. Yes I am mayb reckless and mayb others consider me as a proplem to the town but I consider my self a great player for this team.

Also I will Post where every player is atm

Clean :
Mercedes Jones : Every post she did was screaming town, even when she votes me she gave a good reason.

Semi Clean :
April Rhodes : Her posts contain general town . Also I find her play aggressive, not something a scum would usually do in this setup. But she is low on posts

Sebastian Smythe : doing everything a town would, but his silent lurking is a little bit worrying me.

Marley : I find her style better than April and she got good activity but a few posts from her worry me

Towny Null:

Sunshine Corazon: Seriosly she basicly rarely posts but when she does its "usually" townie but it doesnt contain much, will be towny null.

Jesse St.James : Only thing i can build my case from is his few posts, He seams fine but I am waiting for more info.

Totally Null:
Dave: Wait we have someone named Dave Karofsky? hmmmmmm...

Slightly scum:
Emma Pillsbury: I am not sure, half here posts are too town that i want to jump and say TOWN and others do full SCUM SCREAM.

Finn Hudson: Alot of weird behavior but I find his posts useful but contains some parroting , But honestly I am not sure about him

Blaine: He is weird but he might have some townie marks for his style.

Kurt Hummel: He has alot of parroting. Finally he is nullish.
Scum:

no one is fully scum for me
Mike Chang
Mike Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Pillsbury Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:00 pm

Blaine Anderson wrote:Okay so this is the controversial post of Emma's. I personally think it is a null tell except for the last statement which went nullscum for me(bad attitude). Other players actually have the opinion that this was a scummy post but they are probably uninitiated.
I read a mistake with Marley's post and thought she wanted a role claim, Marley really wanted opinions and reads, but it looked like she was taking advantage of inexperienced players by making them claim day 1, so I did not like it.
-"uninitiated" is insulting

I have a problem with this post. "It was weird when Finn parroted Mike on page 2 about randing but then voted for him on page 3 for the same thing" "I agree with Mike about the string of votes is bad. But this may be Werewolf vs Mafia so that does not make Mike good"

"The sky is blue and the grass is green". Granted, Sebastian is a lot more guilty of this scumtell than Emma is. But we'll get to that later, I'm analysing Emma now. Basically, a restatement of the obvious facts, which is a scumtell.

And the dig at Marley just puts me off.
I am the only one noticing Finn and Mike issues, not a restatement i think, just curious on Marley, and she said no anyway, that's it.

What the Hulk? This is one of the worst posts I have ever seen. "I will not post content until someone else posts content" There is no town motivation for ever doing this, I can only see scum motivation for refusing to post content.

As opposed to me neglecting to post content, or posting content late, Emma flat out refuses to post content Until others have posted. I'm not OMGUSing her in my previous post @Marley, this is real.
I posted content, but no big read because half would be nothing, After two days and I posted big reads, if they were parrots you have a point, but they were not, I waited for a good reason.

The previous two posts of hers that I skipped were null-fluff. This one reads null-newbie-town to me, but she's not being consistent with this so I'll analyse further.

This post screams inexperienced to me. It also screams newbie town so I *may* give Emma some town points for this. But the overall score at this moment is still null-scum.
nothing to say

What I see here is extreme rhetorical questioning and inability to devote himself to a vote, which is one of the defining traits of scum.  "Mike and Finn may be together?" = "If they are scum give me town points. If they are town I take no responsibility"  "Blaine leaves fast when he makes a bet, what does that look like?" = "Blaine left the bet, if he is scum I get town points for calling it, if he isn't I said I was just guessing"

No seriously, make up your mind. Scum are always hesitant with their vote(and conversely town aren't). I want to speculate that those who see me scummy aren't putting their vote where their mouth is and voting me, but then I'll lose the town points for the Tournament lol so I'll hold on that for now.

Point stands. This is one suspicious post.
-my vote on you stands from early, never refuse to stand on it, not hesitant. Go back and read if you are not remembering, I almost switched onto Sebastian, and then you give another tell ("we") Smile
-"What does that look like?" Sorry but this is supposed to be strong, I mean, "he is bad, what does that look like to you, anything else??"
-unsure on Mike + Finn is a good point, if Mike is scum i think Finn for his partner, maybe not the other way around, and Finn More likely bad but still. Don't want to vote Mike yet, but day 2 or 3 maybe, or if he dies to Werewolf and is mafia, I vote Finn, that's what I mean.

That is the end of my analysis up till when I called her out. Analysis of her recent posts we can do together, but I'm just patching up and explaining my train of thought for the town as to why I deliver Emma as Scum and thus voted her..
-This is better than on Mike, but ignoring the info I am giving, the new ones, on Finn, on Mike, on Marley, on you, They do not get to conclusion yet, its only day 1, but beside understanding problems I have pointed out, your opinion on me is not a single thing, it's in parts, like my ideas.
-you ask others for help again, try to save yourself (from justice) with as little as it can be
-it is hypocrit for you to tell others not to insult, you call us dumb and new every post

Jesse your opinion on me is null, but your vote is not, how can i prove anything to you, a Seer on me? Not sure what you need from me, your reading on players is a good sign but buddying is not.
-You say "hypocracy" when I see buddying because I "buddy" in RVS, and you buddy with April out of RVS. Like your reading but this is a bad sign, now I am unsure again Sad
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by Marley Rose Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:14 pm

I backspaced and deleted the wall of text that I was about to post so that's a bit of a downer.

Anyways, well said Jesse. 

Despite being relatively new to the town you managed to up your ante and bring a lot of new light on the table. You managed to shake off the newbie vibes there. 

Though I may agree on most of your points, there are still a few that I have to questions to ask and some things to clarify.

I do agree that Blaine might've taken the hint to stop from me, considering that initially I had started to pressure Mike and he just to keenly jumped in. (not entirely sure who started things, but it seems as if the majority pairs us up for being aggressive towards Mike early game). The most rational way I can put that is along that point of the game, that was the best thing to do to start things off considering Mike's incredibly scummy start. I do agree that Blaine took it the extra mile and suddenly stopping to even clean Mike for a bit does sound a little fishy, but it's not hard to see his reasoning behind it. Though him being overly defensive and condescending towards the those that disagree with him does urk me a bit. He's being just as scummy and reckless as Mike is. Which is allows me to entrance to an amateur bus play by them.

I'd like to dwell deeper on your take on Kurt. Despite having a few posts, his spoke up to me just then. It seems as if he's trying to go for a neutral stand on things, laying reserved and not taking sides at the moment. This could be major scumtell considering the time factor in all of this. His posts merely question out actions or give a brief commercial of obvious events. His actions could be the equivalent of "I need to take sides, but I need to pick the right side" rather than giving his take on the town. He can blame inactivity for this, but surely enough his claims could've been elaborated more.

Though most of us share the sentiment with Mercedes being pro-town. It's a bit of a stretch but I just find it off that most of our reactions can be considered as agreeing with her or following on her hunch. The notion that she took the words straight out of our mouths. Yes, her points are pro-town, but we should never clean anyone this prematurely in the game. Just my tiny bit on this, or maybe just a bit of my paranoia acting up again. 

Anyways, glad to see New Jessie has opened up to the game quite well.

edit/modification in light of Emma's post.

Well I need to throw out my claims first but just reading over Emma's post is a bit interesting. She's being extremely defensive at this point. Though I can't blame her since she's likely to get lynched soon, her continued endorsement on her claims seems just too scummy to me. She's just pointing out how other players have acted scummier than her without really explaining her actions as well as the others did. 

My vote remains on her. 

Until I hear more voices on her and the inactives.
Marley Rose
Marley Rose

Back to top Go down

Post by April Rhodes Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:25 pm

Oh I almost forgot - Not voting =/= scum or being hesistant with your vote. There's nothing wrong with not voting anyone until you feel confident in a read. Any suggestion otherwise is simply untrue.
April Rhodes
April Rhodes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Chang Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

@Marley I didnt really say she was clean, I said i think she is clean from her current posts,

Also Kurt I am still waiting for you.
Mike Chang
Mike Chang

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Emma Pillsbury wrote:
Jesse your opinion on me is null, but your vote is not, how can i prove anything to you, a Seer on me? Not sure what you need from me, your reading on players is a good sign but buddying is not.
-You say "hypocracy" when I see buddying because I "buddy" in RVS, and you buddy with April out of RVS. Like your reading but this is a bad sign, now I am unsure again Sad

Emma I'm sorry hun :'( . I know it is hard not to buddy, but I think that it is best to go back to older days and find buddying rather than state it out of the air. Rather, let the buddying develop and then we have an almost clear mafia read.

Also, Emma, if you want my vote off you, your best bet is to prove to me why Blaine, Sebastian, or Kurt is more scum.

Currently, both my gut and my mind are telling me you are scum, and that is never good.

Also, on another note, the worst thing we can do is no lynch. God forbid we lynch a town, this can give us buddying / bussing tells in the future. The way it stands now, there will be no lynch and a good helpful town player will die at night. We gain nothing from this. It is of the upmost important to lynch, especially if we hit a bad guy this becomes a lot easier.

Therefore, I hope that everyone can write down their scum tells and hopefully we can agree on something, and finally, the inactives are making this hard, I just got swapped in, Sunshine has like 6 posts, (Doug?) just got swapped in. Is there anyway we can extend the deadline to please agree on a lynch. We are just in so much trouble if we don't. Especially cause then bad guys can outnumber good guys.
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Hummel Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:52 pm

Right time to do some stuff Very Happy
Yeah like Marley said I could blame it on inactivity, I wont though. Just have a goal that I want to get to and will achieve! (There motivation for self that makes no sense at all!)
Reads: (as reaching that stage now (its not TOO late yet though))

April: Argh the anger! Maybe its just the profile pic ;)I think the reads on everyone and the posts on Blaine were helpful to out town cause. The posts on Blaine... taking a lot out on him Very Happy(been said I know) one of few points against you though
So going with angry town !

Marley: Posts on the whole very pro and that is my main judgement on her as helping the town come to decisions very well like with the ending of the Mike/Blaine scenario. However some points go against that like continuing to say how Mike is a possible Town PR. By stating that it makes it look like you WANT the scum to see it and act on it. And some fixation on Sunshine being Hannah which reminds me of the Blaine/Mike ZZZX fiasco that occured earlier. I believe this is a joke most likely, as coming from pg 1 but if not the way it links back to the event mentioned before is another piece of evidence why Marley is more dubious.
Though I believe Town overall due to the helpfulness of the posts. Too helpful to be scum probably. The dubious bits are minor and I hope they help others form opinions.

Blaine: I didnt like the "threatening to make Emma's read" as reacting badly to just a couple of us wanting to know why. The fact that you went on to say how IRL was making you busy is not a bad thing just the way you used it as an attack on everyone else was a very harsh tactic to use. Just saying that you were busy is a fine reason (if true....) but the reactions and wording were very anti-everyone else. "malicious accusations" and the really really surreal Subway(tm Wink) analogy made little help to your cause. Scum.
On the other hand though there have been points where Blaine has helped us the town like his analyses of Emma and Sebastian did help his cause. Though the Emma one imo was just a collection of posts that looked like you had collected so you had something to talk about. The only rea bit of help for me was the last one you talked about, the "suspicious post" one. Did justify you vote somewhat.
Not enough though.... overall idea is scum.

Sebastian: Scum. Going to have to repeat what others have said here as not a lot on you.... But the confirmation of parroting came a lot later to me than everyone else i think. The last post was what gave it away I think and you even admitted to "lurking" which was probably just so people would recognise it was you but still, not the best way of prooving you are town.

Dave: At least you posted??? was expecting a follow up which might come some other day... maybe...

Finn: Going to respond again to his points against me and "parroting" which can be put right back against him. Posted near to Mike saying roughly the same thing and just took that at face value and concluded i was the parroting devil! The not giving "opinions" came from elsewhere as well as trying to come up with a reason to put blame on me. In terms of everyone else he voted Blaine earlier and then followed a bit later with a "vote =/= scum" (in terms of teamvoting)which didnt really apply to any of the previous posts before and a weak suggestion is that this was his tactic from before. A very weak arguement that is from me but an alternative.
On the other hand though there have been some good points to Finn's posts in the earlier stages of the game and this post was just a response to his actions on me at this stage.
Therefore not totally made up my mind on him yet but more scummy that town i think.

Jesse: I accept your points about my questions on you and the responses to them makes me think that you are town. I think that you have been a very fast learner and the quick reads on everyone else show that well. Perhaps too fast.... a gut feeling suggests your using anon to make it look your a new player to forum mafia. However at the current stage I stick with my read on you as town for the time being.

Mike: Mike, Mike, Mike :DPosts a lot, ideas both ways, going to leave you for the time being. Except for the read on Emma which I think was just really stating some stuff about the posts that didnt really help anything really. Though it helps that you didnt vote her unlike Blaine. However even though I think lynching Mike would be a bad idea I think his take up on "im a new guy, yes" was suspicious. He wasnt like Jesse where he came out saying he was new. People told Mike he seemed either scum or a new guy. And took the new guy option to save himself. THOUGH it was "to save himself" I think that is a good enough explanation for that and why I believe voting Mike is not good at this stage.

Sunshine: Some town and some mafia. Town as a couple of the few posts were new ideas being brought to the table. However on her "gut feelings" the look was that she was kinda just taking what Mike and Blaine had said but then put them in her list as well, odd play which confused me. But they were gut feelings and I want to see what here follow up to them actually was, so will wait around for that.
So yeah points for and against her.

Emma: Shakey start with the Mike and Blaine debate, apparent "buddying" for and against which somewhat removes that arguement in my opinion. My problem with Emma is that, credit to Blaine, did have that very "suspicious post" and that switching sides as said both justified (kinda) Blaine's post and then conversely put it against you.
Scummy play but some nice points as have been stated previously. I think a lynch on her wouldnt be a bad idea imo.

Mercedes: Dont need to say a lot, helpful posts that are very useful to the town. Will try and find some of the small things like I have done with the other players if I find some.
Why I believe she is town.

In short:

Townish:
         Mercedes
         April
         Marley
          Jesse (only just)
Both Sides:
         Dave (In a world of his own )
         Mike (has a Mid buddy Very Happy)
Not so Scummy:
         Sunshine
         Emma
Scummy:
         Finn
         Blaine
        Sebastian
Kurt Hummel
Kurt Hummel

Back to top Go down

Post by Finn Hudson Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:06 pm

Kurt Hummel wrote:Finn: Going to respond again to his points against me and "parroting" which can be put right back against him. Posted near to Mike saying roughly the same thing and just took that at face value and concluded i was the parroting devil! The not giving "opinions" came from elsewhere as well as trying to come up with a reason to put blame on me. In terms of everyone else he voted Blaine earlier and then followed a bit later with a "vote =/= scum" (in terms of teamvoting)which didnt really apply to any of the previous posts before and a weak suggestion is that this was his tactic from before. A very weak arguement that is from me but an alternative.
On the other hand though there have been some good points to Finn's posts in the earlier stages of the game and this post was just a response to his actions on me at this stage.
Therefore not totally made up my mind on him yet but more scummy that town i think.

At the beginning you followed my vote without adding anything but you've changed since then. You were really not posting anything that was from yourself until recently. What I said was "Vote =/= not scum" which was when Mike said him and Blaine couldn't be partners because Blaine voted him. As far as you go far I think you are beginning to act more Pro-Town because you are trying to actually hunt.
Finn Hudson
Finn Hudson

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Pillsbury Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:09 pm

Marley--be specific, I have not made a post with injust ideas behind, so I can explain anything I say easy if you point it out. i think I responded to every thing Blaine said, but if you want a defense give an attack. I read everyone and played some offense.

Jesse St. James wrote:Emma I'm sorry hun :'( . I know it is hard not to buddy, but I think that it is best to go back to older days and find buddying rather than state it out of the air. Rather, let the buddying develop and then we have an almost clear mafia read.
I am just trying to hunt, if I wait, I can die before someone sees it.

Also, Emma, if you want my vote off you, your best bet is to prove to me why Blaine, Sebastian, or Kurt is more scum.
Blaine--
-Only votes are wagon joining, 4 on Mike, 4 on me.
-tunneling Mike with no arguments, talks about ZZZX instead, insults for 3 pages.
-Suddenly Mike was a town read, Blaine waited to get off until he got into a bet, the bet is Blaine dies if Mike is Town. Blaine would vote his town read if it doesn't hurt him, that is the mark of a bad guy
-Blaine waits days and days to explain a vote, a read would be Okay, but a vote!!
-Acts like he's a big deal, insults users, angry at others who act superior and insulting, hipocritical = bad. Says multiple posts in a row are a bad tell, not true, lies = bad.
-only his opinions on me and Sebastian can be from a town view, all of his posts before were clearly bad, probbly trying to save himself.

Sebastian--
-posts are only a few, cautious, not a big tell though
-I thought he and Mike buddied before. he took it back, and if you look, Mike's opinion on a player is like the players opinion on Mike, can be a tell for less experience or bad, so not big again, but still suspicious.
-Posts are big but parrot alot, it takes time to find all the ones he copies, but if you still don't believe me, I can look for many.

Kurt--
-I don't think Kurt is bad actually Surprised
-Still more bad than me. Smile

Currently, both my gut and my mind are telling me you are scum, and that is never good.
Youre vote was originally the same as Blaine, vote whoever has the most, maybe you want me as scum in your head? I am worrying that nothing I will say helps, you want to be right, can't help your self, but hopefully not. Do you have an open mind?
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:32 pm

Emma, wrong, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here. You did everything I asked and are now defending yourself. You gave a good argument which makes sense, and your post about Kurt was cute ^.^ .

Blaine shows all the signs you showed early in the game, and I think if he turns out to be mafia you are clean. You did a really good job analyzing him, which you probably wouldn't bother doing if you were mafia, you'd just hope and pray your teammates would save you. However, if you turn out to be mafia, his allegiance is still shaky. At this moment, with your last post, I now see enough of a reason to change my vote. Emma also seemed really sad that I wanted to vote her rather than angry, generally from experience, mafia respond with anger not with sadness when being voted. She was also desperate like "seer please clean me" I really don't think she would want seer on her if she was bad... Then again you never know, sorry for rambling guys.

Also in response to this. (Kurt)

Jesse: I accept your points about my questions on you and the responses to them makes me think that you are town. I think that you have been a very fast learner and the quick reads on everyone else show that well. Perhaps too fast.... a gut feeling suggests your using anon to make it look your a new player to forum mafia. However at the current stage I stick with my read on you as town for the time being.

@Kurt: As I said when I first joined I am not new to mafia, I have played on epicmafia and server mafia. I understand basic and upper level tactics, this layout just gives a lot more time to think, which I am not used to. As you probably know your mind doesn't have a lot of time to think, generally you just need to go with your gut. My initial / gut reaction was that Emma was mafia at first, and then once my brain was able to process everything fully I still believed she was mafia. However, I have never played forum mafia before, nor Anon forum mafia.

I'm not sure if it's the same with the other new guy, but the host actually messaged me on the PO forums, and said that he had seen me playing server mafia, and asked me if I could sub. Sounded like fun, I said yes.

Anyways, sorry for digressing. I'm going to put some pressure on Blaine here, who seems more scummy to me right now than Emma (Beware Kurt and Emma might be buddying in the future so we'll go back to this another day best to not focus on it now) butt...

Unvote Emma Pillsbury
Vote Blaine Anderson
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Pillsbury Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:34 pm

I was about to make this post before Jesse, I will anyway if it is helpful--
No posts in an Hour, I will clean up my opinions on Blaine, still don't want to look in all of Sebastian's posts for evidence Sad

BLAINE USES THIS STRATEGY
-vote player with the most votes (April in night 0, Mike and me in Day 1)
-Provide no new reasoning or ideas.
-Look for something to parrot, I'm assuming this step, can't know what he is doing, but is likely.
-Find a way to justify the vote, still nothing new unless its b******t like "Mike is ZZZX"
-Say player with the votes is inexperienced, he is super smart, et c.
-Use Hypocricy as well--I'm bad when I wait to read, hes good when he waits to give reasons, Blaine is good when he insults, others were bad when they insulted.
LOGIC SHOULD BE FIRST, THEN VOTES, NOT VOTES FIRST!

Mike do you believe in day 1 lynches right now?
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunshine Corazon Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Yo yo.

<>< Still Mad As Always I didn't think my post was rubbish Sad

Firstly one thing I wanted to say is that can people stop using subtle ad hominem? Like seriously just because you're better than another player and they are doing what you think is "stupid stuff" or dumb plays or doesn't get what's going on doesn't make them scum or loathe worthy or whatever. It really discourages people from posting/playing and I'm happy that mike/blaine have kept posting despite of it. *end rant*

Ok people I think are scum (not exhaustive);

% Marley. I haven't learnt anything from Marley's reads. Literally every read (aside from emma and maybe blaine) is like "they could be town but I'm a bit suspicious of them". I mean it'd be maybe ok if a couple of her reads were like that but almost everyone is like that, probably opening up an opportunity to "see them as scum" or vote them later. I mean seriously

And if her summation of her emma read is; "I'm still leaning towards scum at the moment. Mostly because others have either acted too scummy or not scummy at all and you're smack dab in the middle.", that seems a merely speculative/paranoia argument at best. I mean if that's the best reason you can find for a lynch (although she has presented others like emma "not explaining her actions" which is definitely a misrepresentation I feel) then you're not thinking about things deeply enough, probably because it's hard to come up with arguments against people not on your team as scum.

Also her flipinness about whether blaine and Mike could be a scum team (see page 10), whilst not a big thing, really seems like she is just trying to throw as much crap on people as possible so that others would like to lynch them. Again, most of her posts have opened up the option of accusing other people later.

unvote
vote Marley Rose I'm really ok with this, quite confident in the read

Oh also this doesn't mean emma can't be scum, my gut from her confirm and first couple of posts thought so but not so clear on that.

% Following I guess I'm not so strong on sebassss anymore because he has actually done some scumhunting and analysed what Jesse and emma have done. I will need to re-read his latest posts for some more clarity on this because his early favouring of posting summaries instead of analysis/evaluation I read in context and was just like "wow scum".

OTHer StufF;

c(: Mercedes should not be waved as town ok. Looking town =/= being town. What I meant when I said helpful was she knows how to make big long posts that "scumhunt" but that's because she's an experienced player so her scumhunting doesn't make her necessarily town. See so actually read behind her posts, motivations/intent/tone; why is she saying this and that?

E.g. The last paragraph of her reads post reveals that she is hesitant to change her reads on kurt/blaine, which is probably quite town motivated in reality < wants to lynch scum.

I read her as null-slight town at the moment. But I'm just saying don't assume anyone is town for the length/competency of their posts.

c(: Not voting/being cautious with your vote is a scumtell in context, like not gonna lie, it is. Especially from say, an experienced player on d1, because they know, you know, vote as a weapon. Idek what this is referring to from april, can't find it but yeah....
Idek some of these scum/town tells people are talking about are pretty not necessarily true

CONTEXT RAH < that's what's important, like think about stuff before you say it

c(: Some of the stuff blaine says is quite unnecessary; e.g. so much of his sebastian read was fluffy stuff talking about literature essays, tryinga re-read it to work out if he would do that as scum.

c(: Mike seems worried about looking town as opposed to being town (e.g. number of posts and his defence of it), which is slightly scummy. I had something else but I forgot.....

^^ Actually now I think both of them are probably slight scumreads but blaine moreso

Not into this game enough to ask questions cause - MAD

Can we get a votecount?
more later maybe

bye
Sunshine Corazon
Sunshine Corazon

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Pillsbury Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Jesse, with Kurt, I'm not buddying because of his opinion of me, he and Sunshine think outside the box sometimes, that is a town thing to do I think, no matter theyre thoughts on me. Bad guys can agree with others all they want, no harm, but a good guy wants to discover.
Emma Pillsbury
Emma Pillsbury

Back to top Go down

Post by Jesse St. James Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:22 pm

Emma Pillsbury wrote:Jesse, with Kurt, I'm not buddying because of his opinion of me, he and Sunshine think outside the box sometimes, that is a town thing to do I think, no matter theyre thoughts on me. Bad guys can agree with others all they want, no harm, but a good guy wants to discover.

Don't worry I understand. I'm just making notes for myself for the future, in case certain scenarios happen. Also, I went back and looked at page one, and as seen as Marley votes mafia Blaine just follows, what? Just to follow. C'mon are you kidding me. It's one thing to start aggressive but my god. What even is that. That is clearly something mafia would do... Village would never want to lynch wrong, and Marley voted April only on the ground to start discussion... However, inexperiened Mafia Blaine, saw this as perfect opportunity for him and his mafia buddies to target April.
Jesse St. James
Jesse St. James

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 35 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 24 ... 35  Next