PO Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

+9
Sam Evans
Rachel Berry
Shelby Corcoran
Lord Tubbington
Brittany Pierce
Brody Weston
Principal Figgins
Shannon Beiste
Brad Falchuk
13 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 9 Empty Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Brad Falchuk Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

To see live countdown widgets when logged in, go to Profile, Preferences, choose to always allow HTML, and save.

Game Information:

Last edited by Brad Falchuk on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 9 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm

oh yeah he voted me before the game even started that doesnt matter even i was fucking about then

your logic fails and you are now a scum read
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 9 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:34 pm

You're my strongest town read.

Tubbington and the Principal are scum.

Artie Abrams is our own personal Snowden, don't vote him out.

Shelby Corcoran is strong town.

Brittany Pierce might fit it, but with the Cat and Figgins looking so good for scum, I don't see it.

Sam Evans is really hot, my brain doesn't work around him.

Rachel Berry is town lean.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:40 pm

you put your slot as leaning town wtf

tubbington could work as scum but it would have been more likely if brody was town

dont see how artie is a scapegoat here his possible scum partner did seem new and he did follow his rvs vote with "legit" reasoning on me
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:41 pm

oh yeah it probably goes without saying that sam is probably town

also artie had the least justified vote on that jake bandwagon apart from brody who was scum
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Continuing through the game, after another burst of inactivity, Figgins posts once more. This time, however, he continues his shallow voting, and probably being afraid of getting called on it, finally votes.

The rest of the post might look good, but let's face it, he's just throwing questions at people. We've all seen this as a tactic employed by competent scum far to many times before, as it let's them gain opinions, test the waters for a lynch, and look helpful all without actually putting effort in.

An immediate black flag is:
SERIOUSLY GUYS, USE YOUR VOTES
He is obviously trying to monger people into voting hastily and without due consideration so that he can force more lynches. True, voting is important, but it's not so important that you should be telling other people to vote in any circumstances. Town profits when everybody has their own voice in opinions, while only scum gains when a minority controls power.

His next post is unvoting, saying he doesn't want to hammer his partner. Seeing as how things continue to go that day, obviously a brilliant ploy to save a buddy without seeing like such, and trying to farm off of "genuine" hesitation to get even more town cred.

The Principal is clearly an evil figure on a scale which none of us can fathom, and very few of us have even dreamed to encounter.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:42 pm

Not gonna bother quoting Rachel, too much work. Oh and that post about scum hunting wasn't directed at Rachel, it was more at Shannon. I didn't specify but w/e.

Rachel, your reasoning for me being scum is just terrible. I attacked Brody day 1, throughout the entire day. Think logically. Bussing is NOT viable. This is a tournament. If scum get's lynched, they lose points. The longer they survive, the more points they get. Who in their right minds would let me buss them if it would not only cause them to lose this game, but hurt their chances in the entire tournament? That is my argument as to why Brittany is towny.

If you read my posts earlier clearly, you would see WHY I am sure that Artie is scum. The "Off chance" wasn't to cover my ass. Mentioning the "off chance" was saying that scum hunting MIGHT still be viable if he flips town, but I am personally not going to bother with it since it is HIGHLY likely that he will flip scum (causing us to win the game).

Furthermore, I explained the Jake lynch already, which you seem to be completely ignoring. I did so to gauge the reactions of others and to try to get a defense out of Jake. Artie followed the lynch. His following the lynch caused me to re-examine him. I then deduced that Brody and Artie were partners. I then had my vote on Artie, but LISTED Brody and Artie as equally scummy (due to the fact that they are partners). I then switched my vote to Brody to see how Artie would react and for the sake of the lynch (didn't want Brittany to get lynched). Artie never switched his vote to Brody. This confirms him as scum (alongside the reasoning in my previous posts).

""WTF I deleted by wall ;~;" post to buy more time."

I actually tried posting from my Android. It doesn't work on these forums. That's what that was. You are really grasping at straws here. After making my post saying that, if you look at the time stamps, I posted immediately after (within 30 minutes). Artie is mafia, I have no doubt. When Artie get's lynched, the town wins.

tl;dr: Your entire post completely ignores the validity of my arguments against Artie, and instead you grasp at straws. If you read my post, you would understand why I said scumhunting is pointless. I have been busy as hell lately, which is why I said that. I was explaining why I am abstaining from such a process, as the process would simply be frivolous. I am not going to waste time that I simply don't have on a frivolous effort. The game is already won. Also, I just said Tubbington is the most likely candidate for third scum. Please explain the logic of bussing two of my partners, when the lynching of 2 of my partners would cause me to lose? Seriously, your argument is completely illogical.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:48 pm

shhhhh let my finish my story. I'll get to Artie later, don't worry.

Anyway, your point about bussing isn't entirely legit. While bussing does cause you to lose points, it's a good strategy to seem town yourself, hence why it's ever used, and in the end, living is more important. And, if you lynch only town, then especially in this set up, you're going to lose.

As for bussing at this point in time, it's actually done. It's called the White Flag Gambit, and works especially well in cases like yours were there are other definitive targets, and it would be easy to switch a read.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:58 pm

this is hilarious

lets just lynch artie today and if hes town then rachel is probably scum for buddying

though i doubt artie is town tbh
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Figgin's next post continues along the previous line of thought, were he states that Brody is not being hammered simply to get more discussion time. That way he can keep his scum read on a partner, get town cred by wanting to extend the day, avoid any and all questions, and, most importantly, look for somebody other than his partner to lynch.

Lord now employs the same strategy that his master did, asking for "more time" to get his reads in order, and prod dodging. He also remembers to do just as Figgin's does, and despite having just excused his inactivity reminds everybody that it's deadline soon. A clear slip, but in a desperate scum's quest for town cred, those are expected.

Now we get to check out Tub's long awaited reads. First, he read the aggressive Shannon as highly town, and includes his Master in the exact same category. All of his other posts are vague and shifty at best, specifically his read on Brody. His read on it says overall scum, but seeming to get better. He's perfectly and calculatedly leading up to a point when they can change the lynch away from their much loved body, since, as was just mentioned, the loss of a partner is bad. Another important thing he says is indirect buddying with Figgins, were he reiterates what Figgin's said about more time before deadline being important. This serves to both instill Figgins as more town in the eyes of the observers, and give himself a share of that sweet town cred.

Tub's next post doesn't get better, consisting of nothing more than him making a poor attempt to change the vote from his partners, choosing another and placing in a single action. It lacks the normal grace involved, leading me to believe that this was of his own initiative, before realizing that his boss is obviously the one better suited to such an endeavor.

Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Shannon, remember what I said about trying? Yeah, it seems like you aren't, or if you are, you aren't putting much effort into it.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:07 pm

yeah we're voting you if artie flips town youre lucky hes scummier than you
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:08 pm

You're really mean, you know that? And, by the looks of it, stupid. Explains why the Principal and Cat had so little trouble convincing you of their innocence.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Shannon Beiste wrote:this is hilarious

lets just lynch artie today and if hes town then rachel is probably scum for buddying

though i doubt artie is town tbh

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not even gonna respond to Rachel's newest posts. If being the most pro-town player in this game, maybe bar Shannon, makes me scum, then you guys should all lynch me! Shannon next, she is too pro-town. Must be mafia. Oh and Artie is pretty much confirmed town. Anyone who is scummy as hell must be town, because that's what logic says! /sarcasm
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:12 pm

I'm going to take a break from the Cat and Principal to ask you to read a post by Brody were he clearly states the Principal as one of the most town forces in the game, and then his hilarious Tub's read which is simply "I can see reasons for having you as village however I can also see reasons for you being a Mafia." He won't try to say anything negative about the Principal, since at that point in the game, it's a death wish. However, in Tub's case, seeing as how he knows he'll flip soon, he's try to throw a like doubt into the scenario. However, he fails to pull it off, the and result of Tub's being a buddy is simply all to obvious.

Figgin's next post is quite interesting. He see's that Brody is not helping himself at all, and will undoubtedly be lynched without his interference. He steps in, naming a few other targets, and doing a complete 180 on Brody, a transparent attempt to use his combined town cred to buy his buddy's life. And, of course, he knows his town cred will be low after such a huge purchase, and includes talking with HD about a matter which one would assume helps only town at the very top of his post. On the post in general, it's content is relatively meh, and the overall size combined with lack of secret tags is a poor attempt to get town points by length.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:14 pm

As you can see, the Principal is obviously unable to respond to my superior arguments, and so takes a step back in an attempt to add humor to the situation and avoid anyone reading what I have to say too carefully. For he knows if anybody does that, he and his poor cat will be doomed without a doubt.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:18 pm

Rachel Berry wrote:As you can see, the Principal is obviously unable to respond to my superior arguments, and so takes a step back in an attempt to add humor to the situation and avoid anyone reading what I have to say too carefully. For he knows if anybody does that, he and his poor cat will be doomed without a doubt.

I really, sincerely hope you are trolling right now. If you are not, you just got the prize for worst argument in mafia history. I have seen some huge idiots in mafia, but none have surpassed this idiocy that you call scumhunting.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:19 pm

The Principal's next post is by far one of the most compelling against him. First making excuses about his previous read of Brody as town, saying he doesn't really see him as town, anyone can tell it's obvious backpedaling to avoid an unpleasant situation when the new target goes town and Brody is scum.

As for the new target, this post also introduces the new target, with absolutely no justification which isn't total bs, and following that, he continues on, his next line "We are close to the deadline, and Brody is still the person who will be lynched. I won't complain if he does get lynched, as he and Jake are my top 2 scumreads, but Jake more so as of late." feigning nonchalance, while obviously screaming for people to get off his partner and onto the new scapegoat.

His next few lines clear the path for the eventual flip of a town, arguing that such a lynch is still positive, despite the obvious reason that a town lynch is bad. His final paragraph does little more, showing only a weak attempt to buddy with Shelby and contributing nothing of value.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:22 pm

Another insult Principal, how like you. This is exactly what I'd expect from a worthless scumbag like yourself, tbh. Not going to actually arguments, but instead, when the pressure is up and your statements called out as bullshit, an aggressive tendency.

Between the insult and claim of trolling, it's obvious to tell that the Principal is afraid, most likely feelings extremely threatened right now. But what would he have to be scared of as town? Nothing. So what does this mean? The Principal is now confirmed scum.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 pm

Don't think proving someone's alias is against the rules. I've discovered Rachel Berry's. N The Great and TSO were both late entries in the tournament. There have been two subs so far (one in another game), and now the sub for Rachel. N The Great joined before TSO, thus he was the first sub. Therefore, TSO subbed in for Rachel's predecessor. This makes perfect sense considering Rachel's recent posts, because TSO trolls like hell. Just wanted to say that before anyone tried to actually examine any reasoning Rachel (TSO) gave, you will hurt your brain trying to do so.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:26 pm

say rachel why dont you scumhunt elsewhere

why dont you look at brittany shelby artie or me

@figgins: pretty sure shes trolling she brought up some tells in her earlier post and her general tone and interactions
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:28 pm

The next post from our devious duo is by the Cat, and yet another pathetic prod dodge. Anybody sensing a theme here?

Principal Figgins wrote:The fact that people essentially blindly followed my vote on Jake astonished me, and seems very scummy.
Holy shit guys, can we frame this and use it as the ultimate guide of what not to do as scum? Seriously, he might as well be saying "look everybody, I voted a townie, and you all followed me, so now I'm going to redirect the guilt from the mislynch to you, completely ignoring how I voted a townie in the first place!" Actually, it's not that he might as well be saying that, it's what he is saying.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:29 pm

Principal Figgins wrote:Don't think proving someone's alias is against the rules. I've discovered Rachel Berry's.  N The Great and TSO were both late entries in the tournament.  There have been two subs so far (one in another game), and now the sub for Rachel.  N The Great joined before TSO, thus he was the first sub.  Therefore, TSO subbed in for Rachel's predecessor.  This makes perfect sense considering Rachel's recent posts, because TSO trolls like hell.  Just wanted to say that before anyone tried to actually examine any reasoning Rachel (TSO) gave, you will hurt your brain trying to do so.

as a counter argument tso is british and isnt up at this time

then again other brits do stay up at this time like marcello and feg and it does strike me as tsos style
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:31 pm

Just wanted to say that before anyone tried to actually examine any reasoning Rachel (TSO) gave, you will hurt your brain trying to do so.
Yes another hollow and pathetic attempt to redirect attention form what I'm saying, and suppress this very valuable information which I'm offering up.
@figgins: pretty sure shes trolling she brought up some tells in her earlier post and her general tone and interactions
wtf does that mean? And I'm focusing on those two because they're the two I read as scum, duh. You don't scumhunt somebody you've already looked over and think it town.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:33 pm

So I like had this reply to like 3 or 4 of Rachel's post but lost it because when I tried to preview it I somehow got a black screen instead. Anyway I'll retype them up in notepad and reply pretty much the same way but it'll be in separate posts for my own sanity's sake.

Rachel Berry wrote:I know thing are already bad, but . . . don't look now guys, I think it just got worse. If my information is correct, then the Cat is in league with him.

That's right, The Cat and the Principal, who would have thought it? I can just imagine Figgins sitting in his chair, stroking Tubbington like some kind of evil Bond villain. Do you want to stroke me?And they'd make the perfect team. The Principal to watch over all, and rain down judgement as he seems fit, while Lord is the perfect informant. I mean, he's a CAT, who would ever suspect him?

But serious time, looking back, notice on D1, before things have even started, Shannon calls BOTH Figgins and Tubbington. Guess who Tubbington's "RVS" vote is? That's right, Shannon. After that, she fights back, voting him. And how does he react? Nope, not like a townie, holding their ground for good discussion. Instead, a mere five posts later, he retreats and changes his vote without reason.
This is all before day 1 I think Shannon voted literally everyone. My RVS was Jake.

Also, for more condemning the Principal and Cat, notice how long it takes for the Principal to serious post once the day starts? He even goes so far as to make a bs "WTF I deleted by wall ;~;" post to buy more time. And, after that initial display, the Cat goes inactive as well. My personal guess would be fear after his run in with Shannon, and wanting to avoid attention. So we are conspiring together to be inactive? Man that sounds like a really piss poor strategy.
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:36 pm

Yes, actually, I do quite want to stroke you. Cats <3

@the first, that doesn't change the fact that you still voted her after she voted you and your partner, and called you scum to start the game off.

@the second, nice misrep. You're conspiring together to win, however, you're also being inactive at times, as is the nature of scum.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next