PO Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

+9
Sam Evans
Rachel Berry
Shelby Corcoran
Lord Tubbington
Brittany Pierce
Brody Weston
Principal Figgins
Shannon Beiste
Brad Falchuk
13 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Brad Falchuk Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

To see live countdown widgets when logged in, go to Profile, Preferences, choose to always allow HTML, and save.

Game Information:

Last edited by Brad Falchuk on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Shannon Beiste Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:37 pm

brad falchuk you need to fix your timer

@rachel: your tone really sounds like youre trying hard to make them look scum and youre trying to derail the impending wagon

tbh i wouldnt be surprised if this was some sort of reaction test either stranger things have happened
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:44 pm

I am working on that "Let's accuse everyone of being scum" post.
Not coincidentally at all, this is perfect for a scum player. Ideally as scum, you want to have every player open as a possibility for a lynch, so you can lynch whoever the majority of people are leaning towards, and then coast on by.

Next post is yet another post by Tub's excusing inactivity. This really is a common theme with him, and as any idiot knows, inactivity = scum without a doubt.

The Principal's next post is his long awaited scum accusation posts, except that it only includes three people. Of these three, we see first Brody, who, unfortunately, now must die no matter what. The third read you get from his is also pretty important. It's, guess who, Artie. Once again, the Principal is setting the ground for a mislynch. You'll notice that a mere three posts later, the Principal tries to continue along on his plan, this time voting for Artie instead of Brody, his saved scum mate. If you look back on his actions knowing that he's scum, it's just all too, too apparent.

The Principal's next post has little importance in and of itself, but one thing distinctly stands out. Towards the end, he specifically informs his scum partner that he'll be doing a read of them. This is a way, way to obvious attempt to let Tub's mentally brace himself for what's sure to follow, such that he can respond in a way which makes the pair seem pro town.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Abrams Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:45 pm

Damn, at the rate of this posting we'll pass Jungle republic by tomorrow!
Artie Abrams
Artie Abrams

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:49 pm

The Principal's next post sets up a lot, showing both how he's still willing to buss his buddy, and setting up Artie for now. He emphasizes how, should Artie not be lynched straight out, and Brody flips scum (as he knows he will) that Artie should be lynched asap for the Brody flip. In this way, he guarentees that Brody will either come out looking bad or be lynched, regardless of the lynch outcome. A devious plot indeed. And to top it all off, he finishes with yet another comment which completely discards and discredits his involvement in the only mislynch so far.

His next post is a hollow attempt to show he's open to options, talking about how brody flipping town (impossible as he knows) will make artie seem town. In saying this, he also reinforces the reverse, that being that when brody goes scum, artie should follow.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:50 pm

Damn, at the rate of this posting we'll pass Jungle republic by tomorrow!
Thank you ladies and gentlemen, it's been a pleasure working with you, call me up again any time!
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:56 pm

The next post is by Tubs. It's yet another post apologizing for being inactive.
Shannon is absolutely right to call me out on that the multiple times he has
In it however, he also makes the mistake of confessing to being scum, which is an extremely bad move, especially from scum. Suffice to say, however you feel about me, Tubs is now confirmed as scum.

Figs pops in again to mention that the deadline extension should take effect. Once again, it's something which helps the town in no way at all, and something that could easily be PM'd to the mod, and yet by posting gives him town cred.

Another post by Tubs promising later activity, and another remark by him explaining why he's a bad player who's innocent and shouldn't be taken seriously. We seen to have developed a pattern by this point.

Tubs continues on talking about his passive vs aggressive players, still failing to prove at all how this information is helpful. In the following posts, he casually throws his vote onto his partner, so as to grab town cred while not helping out in any way, as his vote doesn't matter one bit.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 am

The next post by the Principal is just a simple bandwagon vote on Artie, saying that it's good game. A phase which, at this time, is completely inappropriate, and serves only to cloud others judgement on who should truly be voted.

Tubs makes another worthless post, refraining from voting a townie as for him towncred is scarce, and he needs as much as he can get. And, to make the post still seem casually, he mentioned the post ISO function. Once more, it's something which could be asked privately, but by asking gets him towncred. On top of that, it also makes it seem as though he's trying to do work and post actively and helpfully, despite him doing the opposite being completely true.

And then we get to the present. That, my friends, is the story of how you were all fooled by a pair of run of the mill scum into a mislynch, and almost two mislynches, if not for my showing up. Thoughts and comments are appreciated.
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:00 am

Rachel Berry wrote:Your valiant reporter returns again to free you from the control of the evil scum! yay <3

Continuing on, notice that when Figgins finally does post, he posts reads, notably reading Shannon, whom his partner failed horribly to fight, as his first town, and then going on to not give a read on either scum partner, aside from a little remark about his soon-to-be-bussed friend? Foreshadowing much, eh? And if you'll look at said read in detail, you'll notice that what he levies against them is completely trumped up, and partially untrue. A clear sign of scum.

Check out Tub's next post. He posts some bullshit about "cautious behavior," and how some people just are, Can you expand about why you feel this is bullshit? I gave my opinion on a common "tell" which I disagreed with. In fact I expanded on it later too. I think explaining why I view things how I do (especially when it's something people disagree with) is actually helpful. obviously trying to justify his lurking. Also, on the end of said posts, he once again casts a non-serious vote, despite RVS being long passed.Where? My vote on Page 3 was serious and in direct response to something to something your slot did without   Followed by some more spam posting, once again without value. It's clear that he's trying to compensate for his lurking with spamming. Also notice the cheery and light tone he uses, obviously trying to make friends and gain favor with you townies. i can do mean

Tubb's next post is even worse. He shows his clear hypocrisy by stating that RVS is over, while having just cast an RVS-esq vote. Quote this please. I couldn't find it. His next words are justifying himself as town due to activity, a clear reminder of why he was just spam posting.Nah I didn't clear myself as town. I said no one besides Shannon had more than 1 serious post with any content (I wasn't counting RVS as actual content His last words of the post excuse his flavor with . . . more flavor. I bet you'd like my flavor How has nobody caught onto this obv scum yet? Actually both Figgins and Shannon are wrong in their reads of me just like you Sad

Shannon calls him out on it, and . . .
???

This isn't true.

The point was the same logic could apply to literally everyone else besides you even if it was vaguely hypocritical. If I've been promoting inactivity than the entire game has.

was also a part of that post. Which was meant clarify my previous post.

is his only response. However, thankfully for us, we aren't dumb, and so this pathetic attempt to convince us he's a clueless Cat shall have no effect!

His next post is even worse, saying simply that he missed a rule (once again, trying to convince us he's actually dumb)You can't prove i'm not dumb and some pointless speculation about who another player actually is, which once again is no help at all. I'm not the only person to speculate (Shannon notably but people in Jungle Republic were also speculating a lot.) and I don't understand why you view it as unhelpful. I haven't openly speculated about a player since then for the reason I stated (the danger of someone clarifying that they are who you speculate is too much and outweighs the benefits of it imo.) but it's something I'm certainly looking at in my reads of people.

Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:01 am

Artie Abrams wrote:Damn, at the rate of this posting we'll pass Jungle republic by tomorrow!

replace tute with fluff and son with scum
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 am

Tubbington, my read on you is completely null (it is scum, but the read overall is null as a result of today's conditions). Rachel is a contender for this third mafia slot. Even if trolling, it could be a last ditch effort to prevent Artie's lynch. Seemingly more scummy than anything tubbington has done. Anyways, this entire pargraph is pointless as Artie is scum, and that's all we need to know.

@Shannon - You stole the words right out of my mouth. I was about to post that he was fluffing and diverting attention away from the fact that he is scum and the arguments against him, but you beat me to it! Anyways, this makes me even more sure (if possible) that Artie is scum.

[SPOILER="BET!!!!"GONNA PLACE A BET THAT RACHEL IS Artie's PARTNER![/Spoiler]
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:08 am

I definitely forgot the last bracket. I suck.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty VOTECOUNT 3.1

Post by Brad Falchuk Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:17 am

Shelby Corcoran (0) -
Shannon Beiste (0) -
Brittany Pierce (2) - Shelby Corcoran, Artie Abrams (L-3)
Lord Tubbington (0) -
Artie Abrams (3) - Shannon Beiste, Brittany Pierce, Principal Figgins (L-2)
Principal Figgins (0) -
Sam Evans (0) -
Rachel Berry (0) -

Because this setup is nightless, if no player reaches 5 votes before the deadline, plurality will apply and the player with the most votes on them will be lynched.

In the event of a tie between players, whoever received the most votes first (measured starting with the last time they were affected by a vote or unvote) will be lynched.

There are 8 players in the game. It takes 5 votes to lynch a player.

Deadline is in two days same time I hope that provides a strong incentive.
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:14 am

Rachel Berry wrote:Figgin's next post continues along the previous line of thought, were he states that Brody is not being hammered simply to get more discussion time. That way he can keep his scum read on a partner, get town cred by wanting to extend the day, avoid any and all questions, and, most importantly, look for somebody other than his partner to lynch.

Lord now employs the same strategy that his master did, asking for "more time" to get his reads in order, and prod dodging. He also remembers to do just as Figgin's does, and despite having just excused his inactivity reminds everybody that it's deadline soon. A clear slip, but in a desperate scum's quest for town cred, those are expected.

You are correct. I was definitely inactive during those 8 hours between my "request for more time" and my post with my reads. I don't understand why reminding people about deadline is scummy.

Now we get to check out Tub's long awaited reads. First, he read the aggressive Shannon as highly town, and includes his Master in the exact same category. All of his other posts are vague and shifty at best, specifically his read on Brody. His read on it says overall scum, but seeming to get better. He's perfectly and calculatedly leading up to a point when they can change the lynch away from their much loved body, since, as was just mentioned, the loss of a partner is bad. Another important thing he says is indirect buddying with Figgins, were he reiterates what Figgin's said about more time before deadline being important. This serves to both instill Figgins as more town in the eyes of the observers, and give himself a share of that sweet town cred.

Love how you are ignoring the read i had on your slot which was actually the second or third longest. I guess you argue your point decently on Brody and his flip plus my vote on a player who is looking very town atm rather than a player who flipped scum does look pretty bad to be honest. But I stand by my stance at the time that he was looking less scum than he had thus far and think scum hunting beyond that day was a good strategy (even if we didn't do much with the alotted time).

Tub's next post doesn't get better, consisting of nothing more than him making a poor attempt to change the vote from his partners, choosing another and placing in a single action. It lacks the normal grace involved, leading me to believe that this was of his own initiative, before realizing that his boss is obviously the one better suited to such an endeavor.

Wow you are calling me stupid that is not nice. Sad

Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:18 am

Rachel Berry wrote:
I am working on that "Let's accuse everyone of being scum" post.
Not coincidentally at all, this is perfect for a scum player. Ideally as scum, you want to have every player open as a possibility for a lynch, so you can lynch whoever the majority of people are leaning towards, and then coast on by.

Next post is yet another post by Tub's excusing inactivity. This really is a common theme with him, and as any idiot knows, inactivity = scum without a doubt.

Except you got subbed in because your slot was inactive. (Although this seems somewhat sarcastic?) I'm just generally confused by this.

The Principal's next post is his long awaited scum accusation posts, except that it only includes three people. Of these three, we see first Brody, who, unfortunately, now must die no matter what. The third read you get from his is also pretty important. It's, guess who, Artie. Once again, the Principal is setting the ground for a mislynch. You'll notice that a mere three posts later, the Principal tries to continue along on his plan, this time voting for Artie instead of Brody, his saved scum mate. If you look back on his actions knowing that he's scum, it's just all too, too apparent.

The Principal's next post has little importance in and of itself, but one thing distinctly stands out. Towards the end, he specifically informs his scum partner that he'll be doing a read of them. This is a way, way to obvious attempt to let Tub's mentally brace himself for what's sure to follow, such that he can respond in a way which makes the pair seem pro town.
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jul 12, 2013 2:42 am

Rachel Berry wrote:The next post is by Tubs. It's yet another post apologizing for being inactive.
Shannon is absolutely right to call me out on that the multiple times he has

I guess if you take it completely out of context it's a claim as mafia. Note the word "that" in that sentence. I was saying my inactivity had been unacceptable and I was going to change it.

In it however, he also makes the mistake of confessing to being scum, which is an extremely bad move, especially from scum. Suffice to say, however you feel about me, Tubs is now confirmed as scum.

Figs pops in again to mention that the deadline extension should take effect. Once again, it's something which helps the town in no way at all, and something that could easily be PM'd to the mod, and yet by posting gives him town cred.

Another post by Tubs promising later activity, and another remark by him explaining why he's a bad player who's innocent and shouldn't be taken seriously. We seen to have developed a pattern by this point.

Lord Tubbington wrote:Deadline is in a little over an hour. I should be hear unless I fall asleep which is entirely possible.

How do you read this as promising later activity? I was online for deadline and made a post  and even had a small exchange with Shannon who was the only person online to make a post (In my hour or so online the other people I noticed log on and off at some point were Figgins, Shelby, and Sam.)

Tubs continues on talking about his passive vs aggressive players, still failing to prove at all how this information is helpful.

It's helpful because it allows you to see the reasons why I view people the way I do allowing people to read me easier and helping other town players see through things that I believe are common misconceptions while playing.

In the following posts, he casually throws his vote onto his partner, so as to grab town cred while not helping out in any way, as his vote doesn't matter one bit.

Actually it was helpful. They were separated by 1 vote and although it would take 2 votes to really change the lynch I do believe there were enough people on at the time to quickly vote and possibly change the lynch if need be. By adding my vote it assured that the lynch wasn't going to suddenly change to Brittany without someone unvoting.

Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Brittany Pierce Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:47 am

Well that was an interesting read. Lets just lynch the nerd and get this game over with.
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad Falchuk Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 am

No votes have been cast since the last votecount.

Sam Evans will be prodded.

Deadline is tomorrow in 22 hours 46 minutes.

Last edited by Brad Falchuk on Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Evans Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:09 am

Sorry about the inactivity. I was without internet for about 2 days.
Vote Artie Abrams because I thought I already did. Scum reads were posted earlier. I'm tired now, but I'll be looking at Rachel and Brittany for my next vote, probably depending on how this flip goes. I'll try to catch up, sorry
Sam Evans
Sam Evans

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:24 pm

Can someone just hammer Artie? I want to see his flip, and I don't have to come on in 10 hours to see it.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:26 pm

*Don't want to have to come on
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:59 pm

watch rachel try to tear that post to pieces lol
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:13 pm

I'll hammer.

Vote Artie Abrams
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:20 pm

i honestly hope this is gg
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty HAMMER

Post by Brad Falchuk Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:53 pm

Shelby Corcoran (0) -
Shannon Beiste (0) -
Brittany Pierce (2) - Shelby Corcoran, Artie Abrams (L-3)
Lord Tubbington (0) -
Artie Abrams (5) - Shannon Beiste, Brittany Pierce, Principal Figgins, Sam Evans, Lord Tubbington (L-0)
Principal Figgins (0) -
Sam Evans (0) -
Rachel Berry (0) -

There are 8 players in the game. It takes 5 votes to lynch a player.

Because this setup is nightless, if no player reaches 5 votes before the deadline, plurality will apply and the player with the most votes on them will be lynched.

In the event of a tie between players, whoever received the most votes first (measured starting with the last time they were affected by a vote or unvote) will be lynched.

DAY 3 RESULT:
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 10 Empty ENDGAME

Post by Brad Falchuk Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:58 pm

A win condition has been reached!

Rachel Berry, Mafia Goon, was endgamed due to the White Flag clause.

Shelby Corcoran, Shannon Beiste, Brittany Pierce, Lord Tubbington, Principal Figgins, Sam Evans, and (posthumously) Jake Puckerman, Vanilla Townies, successfully achieved their win condition!
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next