PO Anonymous Mafia Tournament
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

+9
Sam Evans
Rachel Berry
Shelby Corcoran
Lord Tubbington
Brittany Pierce
Brody Weston
Principal Figgins
Shannon Beiste
Brad Falchuk
13 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Brad Falchuk Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

To see live countdown widgets when logged in, go to Profile, Preferences, choose to always allow HTML, and save.

Game Information:

Last edited by Brad Falchuk on Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Shelby Corcoran Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:10 am

@my post earlier - it wasn't meant to justify an RVS, I was just trying to get some stuff out of Brittany, but evidently that has fallen flat on its face. I am not trying to promote inactivity - I'm actually trying to do quite the opposite.
Shelby Corcoran
Shelby Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty Re: Black Flag Nightless - Game Over

Post by Shannon Beiste Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:53 am

so why do you only have 3 posts

thats not really promoting activity
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:50 pm

I do want to keep pressure on Jake (see below paragraph as to why I'm not), his reaction seems a little bit scummy imo. It seems like a "How dare you accuse me" vs. "This is why I'm not scum".  The former is very scummy imo.  I would like some more content to base a read on, but right now I'm still leaning scum.  The fact that he has kept his vote on me is another reason I am leaning scum.

As I mentioned, Brody is my #1 scumread atm.  He hasn't posted since.  Switching my vote to him.  I've decided that pressure on Brody would be more profitable than pressure on Jake (I'll elaborate on that at a later point).  Reasons for my scumread are in my previous post on page 3.
Unvote

Vote Brody Weston

Sam, I would like to see you put a bit more reasoning behind your vote?  I am *guessing* that you are trying to justify your vote as lurking?  If so, that's a weak reason, as a few people are lurking atm.  Why vote Brody over other lurkers?

SERIOUSLY GUYS, USE YOUR VOTES!  Voting someone puts pressure on them, warranting a response.  It allows you to make a read, so use them please.  Abstaining from voting does not contribute to the town.  Also, I only saw Artie respond to my post with reads of his own.  Could other people do the same?  Try to do it in that format (eg. name, read, reasoning, all reads in one post.  Scattered, informal reads are hard to understand, and are easily missed)

Brittany, can you reiterate why you are on Shelby?  Artie's vote was to put pressure on Shelby to warrant a response, which so far has worked.  Brittany, it seems like your reasoning was lack of contribution?  Why vote Shelby over say, Brody?  Brody has not contributed and quickly followed on the bandwagon of an obvious town.  Do you have any scum/townreads?  Opinion of Brody?

I agree that Shelby trying to promote activity with her lack of activity is a contradiction, but why is that reason enough to vote her?  I didn't view it as a scum trying to blend into town.  Still neutral on Shelby.

Shelby, do some reads of your own?  Include town and scum reads please.

As for my previous read on Artie, he said his vote on shannon was simply RVS. The reasoning of "annoying" seemed scummy to me though, as if it was asking people to follow his vote because of that reason.  Artie, care to elaborate a bit more?
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty VOTECOUNT 1.2

Post by Brad Falchuk Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Shelby Corcoran (2) - Artie Abarms, Brittany Pierce (L-4)
Shannon Beiste (1) - Brody Weston (L-5)
Brittany Pierce (0) - Shelby Corcoran (L-5)
Lord Tubbington (0) -
Artie Abrams (0) -
Principal Figgins (1) - Jake Puckerman (L-5)
Sam Evans (1) - Rachel Berry (L-5)
Rachel Berry (1) - Lord Tubbington (L-5)
Brody Weston (1) - Shannon Beiste, Sam Evans, Principal Figgins (L-3)
Jake Puckerman (0) -

Because this setup is nightless, if no player reaches 6 votes before the deadline, plurality will apply and the player with the most votes on them will be lynched.

In the event of a tie between players, no one will be lynched.

Please note that people who have not posted between the time of the first votecount and tomorrow's votecount will be prodded.

Deadline is Saturday, June 29 at 06:00 GMT+0, about 4 days from now.
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Evans Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:02 pm

Principal Figgins wrote:Sam, I would like to see you put a bit more reasoning behind your vote?  I am *guessing* that you are trying to justify your vote as lurking?  If so, that's a weak reason, as a few people are lurking atm.  Why vote Brody over other lurkers?
Well, it was a bit more than just lurking. It's the "false activity" such as the following:

"Well being on a more serious note.. there's a few people going round making accusations. I just hope we can find what we're looking for at the end of the day."

There is actually nothing to this post. He uses complete sentences, and makes the post more than just a little blurb, but at the same time, he doesn't actually say anything worthwhile. "People are making accusations. I hope we find scum." Ummm, wow. [sarcasm] Insightful [/sarcasm]
Sam Evans
Sam Evans

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Corcoran Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:28 am

Well, to explain my inactivity, I have a lot of irl things I have to juggle (it's exam week :O), as well as PO things too. I try to make my posts quality>quantity. Even if my posts have not been superawesome quality, that's what I'm striving for. And also, I was trying to promote activity, and that's what I've done to some degree, though not in the way I expected

Some explaining for my semi-RVS vote on Brittany, we were still in RVS, and while I have no problem with Brittany's first post against Artie (RVS, I'm assuming), her second post that said "Artie confirmed for Nerd, vote his ass" or w/e, I overanalyzed it A LOT and took it to be trying to hammer a mislynch :/. Anyways, it was all I had to work with amongst a bunch of weird RVS posts, and I wanted to put pressure on Brittany. However, she decided to defend herself with a vote against me, which I find questionable, as my vote was like 80% RVS. And I in no way promoted inactivity at all, though I haven't exactly been super duper active as many people have pointed out. For that reason alone, I'll have Brittany as slightly scum for now, but that's changeable, and if Brittany doesn't slip up further down my books, I may unvote her, but those are my thoughts.

Also Brody Weston as possible scum because of lurking, not much else to say on that. Say something and I may change this if the post quality is good

Principal Figgins made a very good post, and I'll have to agree with him to USE VOTES. It puts pressure on players, which causes scum to slip scumtells. So for now, leaning town

Will probably provide more reads later
Shelby Corcoran
Shelby Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Post by Brody Weston Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:16 am

well sorry guys for not being able to speak much due to other activities I've got on i'm not on a 24/7 period just to satisfy yous -_-. Also Shelby just because i'd love the idea of yous trying to think i'm a bad guy for low posting I at least have a reason to
Unvote
Vote Shelby Corrcoran

As I said i'm doing something for a final i'm in so give me a bit of space why don't you.. Look if I've done nothing then it's because I've being doing studying
Brody Weston
Brody Weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Brody Weston Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:26 am

Btw the reason I followed Artie Immediately is that I was waiting for somebody to actually properly explain it why also on another bright note I voted Shannon at first cause of how scummy she was repeatedly switching her stance on who was scum makes me think that potentially she's scum herself? Also tell me who wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of someone who repeatedly starts jumping ship for no apparent reason as soon as people confirmed their roles? So you might just want to give it a tad bit of thought js as to what happens N1 as it's always the toughest and it's almost instantly trying to lea as if we were all going to go into a black hole and playing Simon Says... and we're all mature and responsible people for a start.
Brody Weston
Brody Weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Corcoran Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:49 pm

Brody Weston wrote: Also Shelby just because i'd love the idea of yous trying to think i'm a bad guy for low posting I at least have a reason to
Unvote
Vote Shelby Corrcoran

Dude. You're not the only guy with exams. I even said so in my latest post I have exams. Your reason for voting me is quite bad, and it feels like you're trying to bandwagon on the person who has received the most votes after yourself.

unvote
Vote Brody Weston
Shelby Corcoran
Shelby Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:19 pm

Brody Weston wrote:Btw the reason I followed Artie Immediately is that I was waiting for somebody to actually properly explain it why also on another bright note I voted Shannon at first cause of how scummy she was repeatedly switching her stance on who was scum makes me think that potentially she's scum herself? Also tell me who wouldn't jump on the bandwagon of someone who repeatedly starts jumping ship for no apparent reason as soon as people confirmed their roles? So you might just want to give it a tad bit of thought js as to what happens N1 as it's always the toughest and it's almost instantly trying to lea as if we were all going to go into a black hole and playing Simon Says... and we're all mature and responsible people for a start.

This is without a doubt the worst reasoning for following a RVS vote I've ever seen.

<b>Unvote
Vote: Brody Weston</b>

I think that puts him at L-1 at the moment.

Getting weird overly defensive vibes from Jake.

Shelby: You said you wanted to put pressure on Brittany during/after the RVS. Is there a specific reason for this?

Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Berry Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:20 pm

Wow, apparently I don't know how to BBCode.

Unvote
Vote: Brody Weston
Rachel Berry
Rachel Berry

Back to top Go down

Post by Brittany Pierce Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:52 pm

Putting pressure on people is the best way to get them to fuck up. Like the pressure on Brody right now. I

n the previous post Shelby says she has exams then right after Brody goes and votes her using the reasoning that his inactivity is explained when she used the exact same excuse for hers. Quite a slip up in my book and I have half a mind to hammer. hmmm
Brittany Pierce
Brittany Pierce

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:58 pm

Unvote

I'd rather not have a hammer this early. With plurality, he'll get lynched by the deadline anyways, and pressure is still on him with the number of votes still on him. I'd rather give some other people time to slip up, or maybe let him give an actual defense (as he has not done so yet).

I'll make a more detailed post in tomorrow and respond to some things that have been posted since my last one.

Also, just want to remind everyone that this is nightless. Judging by a few posts, some people seem to forget that. Nightless means no kills will happen, only lynches. This once again emphasizes just how important it is to use your vote.
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Shannon Beiste Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 pm

brody is scummy there is no denying that

but i kind of want to scumhunt elsewhere

ill make a more detailed post tomorrow
Shannon Beiste
Shannon Beiste

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Corcoran Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:13 am

Hey I have time for a quick post so here goes!

Rachel Berry wrote:

Shelby: You said you wanted to put pressure on Brittany during/after the RVS. Is there a specific reason for this?

Uhm, as I said before, the vote was 70% RVS, so there was no specific reason other than to see if she slips any scumtells my way. The omgus vote against me was definitely one, but that's been it so far, and I think Brody Weston is top scumread because of bad reasoning for, well, everything during the past couple of days, as well as lurking and his "reason" (Brittany talked about this, as did I previously). I will keep my vote on Brody just to maintain the pressure, but I will definitely be looking at other players and scumhunting
Shelby Corcoran
Shelby Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty VOTECOUNT 1.3

Post by Brad Falchuk Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:33 am

Shelby Corcoran (3) - Artie Abarms, Brittany Pierce, Brody Weston (L-3)
Shannon Beiste (0) -
Brittany Pierce (0) -
Lord Tubbington (0) -
Artie Abrams (0) -
Principal Figgins (1) - Jake Puckerman (L-5)
Sam Evans (0) -
Brody Weston (4) - Shannon Beiste, Sam Evans,  Shelby Corcoran, Rachel Berry (L-2)
Jake Puckerman (0) -

Because this setup is nightless, if no player reaches 6 votes before the deadline, plurality will apply and the player with the most votes on them will be lynched.

Artie Abrams and Jake Puckerman will be prodded.

Deadline is Saturday, June 29 at 06:00 GMT+0, about 3 days from now.
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Abrams Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:29 am

Prod-Dodge. Also, Figgins, the main reason I voted Shannon is force of habit, as I am used to server mafia, and voting someone who votes me is just natural to do for me. I haven't played much forum mafia.

Moving on to the topic of Brody, he seems as scummy as ever trying to bandwagon again, but Figgins has a point, we should let him make some kind of defence before hammering.
Artie Abrams
Artie Abrams

Back to top Go down

Post by Brody Weston Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:13 am

Look it's clear i'm on the outs here. If yous want to go ahead and hammer away fine buts lets take a look at some statistics. I've got 4 votes and as far as i'm led to believe there's 3 mafia against 7 villagers so at least 1 person who's voted me so far has the likelihood of mafia. So instead of hammering me I think we should use these 24-36hrs as surveying time and then going for it.
Unvote
it's a lot better than trying to point fingers at a possible mafia when the high likelihood of this game is to catch the mafia before we fall to below 3/4. We all know what we have to do to survive so i'd appreciate it if we all stopped bandwagoning people. I Bandwagoned on the last 2 people due to their being something in my head that makes me think their behaviour's scummy so i'm not gonna jump on somebody unless I have proof their scummy. Also if I've offended anyone then I apologize.
@Shelby
Trust me it's a lot better me saying what I did than the actual reasons for being inactive.
Brody Weston
Brody Weston

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake Puckerman Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:32 pm

I'll read this later, a little busy so far but i should be able to have a good look by tomorrow.
Unvote, he doesn't seem scummy to me.

Artie if body is so scummy then why aren't you putting him on l1.

Vote shelby
Jake Puckerman
Jake Puckerman

Back to top Go down

Post by Principal Figgins Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:13 pm

Jake Puckerman wrote:I'll read this later, a little busy so far but i should be able to have a good look by tomorrow.
Unvote, he doesn't seem scummy to me.

Artie if body is so scummy then why aren't you putting him on l1.

Vote shelby

The reason we aren't hammering Brody is so that we can have more discussion time. If we hammer him, we essentially have a lot less to go on the next day. With plurality, once the deadline comes, he'll be lynched anyways. Why haven't you commented at all on the Brody lynch, or provided any reasoning for voting shelby? Why not vote Brody, if he is the most scummy person right now? Could you also provide some reads on as many players as possible, with some decent reasoning?
Principal Figgins
Principal Figgins

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:32 pm

This is essentially a prod-dodge as I haven't posted anything here since my exchange with Shannon 2 days ago. I'm going to post reads tonight.. Deadline is Saturday so just try to keep that in mind.
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Corcoran Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:03 am

@Jake - Any reasoning for voting me? We're out of RVS now as far as I'm aware of... :/. Feels like a bandwagon vote but I'd like to hear from you first

@Tubbington - I'm going to be looking forward to your reads, as I don't have much on you atm so you're neutral for me atm
Shelby Corcoran
Shelby Corcoran

Back to top Go down

Black Flag Nightless - Game Over - Page 4 Empty VOTECOUNT 1.4

Post by Brad Falchuk Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:05 am

Shelby Corcoran (3) - Artie Abrams, Brittany Pierce, Jake Puckerman (L-3)
Shannon Beiste (0) -
Brittany Pierce (0) -
Lord Tubbington (0) -
Artie Abrams (0) -
Principal Figgins (0) -
Sam Evans (0) -
Brody Weston (4) - Shannon Beiste, Sam Evans,  Shelby Corcoran, Rachel Berry (L-2)
Jake Puckerman (0) -

Because this setup is nightless, if no player reaches 6 votes before the deadline, plurality will apply and the player with the most votes on them will be lynched.

No prods are necessary at this time.

Deadline is Saturday, June 29 at 06:00 GMT+0, about 2 days from now.
Brad Falchuk
Brad Falchuk
Mod Account

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:07 am

MEOW
Spoiler:

I'm going to go ahead and switch my vote to Sam Evans based on my scum reads he has the least pressure on him so I'd like a response from him and seems most likely to be scum to me atm.

FoS is still on Rachel. I'd like to see more activity out of Britanny, Artie, and Jake too.
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Tubbington Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:08 am

oh wow that isn't a vote at all

Unvote
Vote Sam Evans
Lord Tubbington
Lord Tubbington

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next